HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist PRN in Anchorage, Alaska
Alaska Regional Medical Center
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Respiratory Therapist.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist you will be an important part ofa collaborative respiratory team that values extraordinary patient care and dedication to one another.In this role, under the direction of physicians and the Respiratory Director:
- You will assess patients and recommend care plans and treatment regimens.
- You will implement and maintain BiPAP/CPAP, pressure control/high frequency jet ventilation, and mechanical ventilation for patients as directed.
- You will maintain patient airways by suctioning, positioning, securing endotracheal and tracheostomy tubes, changing tracheostomy tubes, and intubating in designated circumstances.
- You will obtain blood from arterial and pulmonary artery catheters and by arteriotomy.
- You will provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care to unstable patients when needed.
- You will provide education to students, new therapists, and other personnel as appropriate.
You will give excellent care to our neonate, infant, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist required.
- Registry eligible or Registered by the NBRC preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist PRN
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-8255