AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Therapist I in Atlantic City, New Jersey
**AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Atlantic City, NJ
**POSITION SHIFT:** Varies
**POSITION STATUS:** Full-Time
**Department:** Adult Intervention Services
**Hours Per Week** 37.5
**Holidays Required?** No
**Job Category:** Behavioral Health
**Location:** Atlantic City
**Weekends Required?** No
**Reports To:** Outpatient / Unit Director
**Training:** CPI, QPRT, Annual, Safety, six (6) hours in discipline, Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED (HSFAC)
**Career Development:** Therapist I ® Therapist II ® Sr. Therapist ® Prog mgr Director
Under the supervision of a licensed independent practitioner, the Therapist may provide individual, family, group, addiction and other modalities to clients and their families according to demonstrated competence. The Therapist is supervised in these tasks by a licensed independent practitioner.
**Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Completing bio-psychosocial assessments and preparing a comprehensive treatment plan for each client
- Provides basic case management services and documents treatment provided
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any age/disability group assigned.
- Assesses client for an Initial Treatment Plan and appropriately re-assesses the client's needs throughout treatment
- Completes Master Treatment Plans that are behaviorally specific and with goals and objectives that are related to client problem areas. All Master Treatment Plans indicate level of client/family involvement.
- Provides competent individual, family, couples, group psychotherapy and substance abuse therapy.
- Provides other therapeutic services, within scope of demonstrated competence, as required.
- Provides competent crisis intervention.
- Assists with case management and interagency coordination of services for clients. Makes appropriate referrals.
- Provides clinical guidance and appropriate interaction with external providers.
- Documents all client interactions, including all sessions with clients, families, significant others, etc. within established time frames.
- Completes Progress Notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major clinical issues and changes in mental health status.
- Writes in a professional and competent manner.
- Documentation must be completed within one (1) calendar day of service delivery
- Productivity goals shall meet % as designated by department
**Education:** Master's Degree in behavioral health with either NJ LAC or LSW licensure required
**Experience:** Two (2) years in behavioral health setting. Must be able to conduct therapy sessions in the language of the population served, if applicable.
**Preferred Qualifications**: Additional years experience in behavioral health setting.
**Equipment Use:** Computer, copier, facsimile
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position