HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist in Augusta, Georgia
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as anAcute Care Occupational Therapisttoday withDoctors Hospital.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. AtDoctors Hospitalwe offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include: * o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Student Loan Repayment o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as anOccupational Therapistwhere your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If youare dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team theOccupational Therapistis responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to tasks as part of their daily living. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role: * You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals * You will teach the patient how to interact with adaptive technology, how to use assistive devices and guide the patient through treatment activities to assist them in regaining the skills needed for their daily life * You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process * You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy is required
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as an Occupational Therapist is preferred
- * Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350 bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery.At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As anACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta,has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for ourOccupational Therapistopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Georgia-Augusta-Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta
Requisition ID: 01417-14503