HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist in Aurora, Colorado
Experience highly preferred, in particular with seniors and adolescents
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious/ Occupational Therapist/ to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the Medical Center of Aurora, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking anOccupational Therapist for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Position Summary: Position Summary:As a member of the interdisciplinary team, is responsible for the planning and organization of patient activities as determined by assessment of individual patient needs.
- Provides therapeutic groups and activities consistent with the posted schedule. Incorporates seasonal aspects to programming*. *
- Provide support and or participation for after hour activities especially on weekends.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. Participates in treatment team meetings and progress reviews, and identifies with each patient and the treatment team discipline specific interventions that will support the patient’s recovery.
- Conducts individual OT and activity assessments specific to the behavioral health needs of each patient within designated timeframes.
- Document patient progress with therapeutic activities in patient’s medical record.
- Collaborates with the Director to identify equipment and supplies needed for the program. Maintains appropriate equipment and supplies safe for use and in working order.
- Attends required training and continuing education
- Completes all competency requirements as evidenced by completion forms, these will be completed annually or per hospital requirements.
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch.
The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes.The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Licensure/Certification/Registration:National certification by the NBCOT, Colorado OT license and BLS certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire.
Education:Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university.
Experience:At least 2 years clinical experience in therapeutic activities in a psychiatric setting preferred.Experience with senior and adolescent populations also highly preferred.
Special Qualifications: Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the practice of CBT and DBT therapy. Is able to plan and provide for delivery of therapies. Works independently to effectively problem solve issues with staff and develop a workable solution. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Must have a willingness to participate in guidance and counseling of personnel. Must have interpersonal skills to act as a mediator between patient care and administration. Proficiency in computer skills, critical thinking skills, and public speaking skills. Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulations that impact areas of their responsibility.
Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Director. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Colorado-Aurora-TMCA - Behavioral Health and W
Requisition ID: 03191-105556