Indiana University Health Premium Pay- Registered Respiratory Therapist (15-week assignment) in Avon, Indiana
This position exists to be responsible and accountable for the administration of comprehensive respiratory care services and for appropriate documentation in the medical record of the therapy provided. The incumbent advises medical staff on appropriate types of therapeutic modalities.
• Requires current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
• Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
• Requires that the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) registry exam be passed within 13 months of hire date. The 13 month requirement for the RRT is void if hire date is one year past graduation date.
• Requires Healthcare Provider Certification. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Preferred ACLS; PALS; and/or NRP certification.
•Requires strong customer service skills.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
• Requires basic computer skills and ability to work with EMR. REQNUMBER: 318297