Northern Light Health Physical Therapist Assistant in Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Physical Therapy
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 0.9 (36 hours per week)
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Physical therapists are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physical therapist will evaluate each patient, develop a plan of care appropriate to the patient's needs and implement that plan of care, reassessing as needed.
• Follows a physical therapy treatment plan of short term and long term goals as set by the physical therapist to assist patients to meet their maximum level of independence.
• Demonstrates competence in timely completion of all documentation requirements.
• Reviews treatment effectiveness with supervising therapist as needed and required by licensing agencies.
• Adheres to clinical documentation requirements in a manner that ensures continuity of care and accurately reflects patient’s function, progress toward goals and justifies intervention worthy of reimbursement.
• Completes discharge documentation in a timely manner.
PATIENT AND FAMILY EDUCATION
• Collaborates with the patient and family throughout treatment to enhance the outcome and determine the effectiveness of the prescribed treatment.
• Consistently educates the patient and family throughout the treatment process to enhance their understanding and ability to participate in the prescribed treatment.
• Maintains open communication regarding patient’s status (verbal and written) with the referral source as necessary.
ENVIROMENT OF CARE
• Able to respond appropriately to all hospital codes.
• Demonstrates correct technique and proper use of equipment.
• Assists with the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
• Is competent in completing work requisition forms and/or reports repair needs to the department manager per policy.
• Participates as an active member of the department PI program and its initiatives.
• Recognizes, responds to, and reports conditions that require an improvement in performance and/or process.
STAFF AND SELF DEVELOPMENT
• Attends and actively participates in monthly staff meetings.
• Actively participates in the department’s student program and serves as a professional mentor.
• Constantly seeks and avails self to learning opportunities that promote clinical competence and professional growth.
• As requested, participates in hospital wide committees and activities and positively represents the department.
• Ensures clinical compliance with mandatory in-services, licensing renewals, BLS for Healthcare Providers renewals and compliance with policies and procedures.
LEADERSHIP AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
• Promotes positive, collaborative and cooperative inter and intra departmental working relations.
• Demonstrates initiative and independence when performing non-assisted duties.
• Consistently demonstrates flexibility and is willing to accommodate schedule to meet the needs of the department.
• Supports change within the institution and department.
• Willingly accepts assignments beyond defined job functions and produces positive results.
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrates an understanding of the department’s strategic plan and conducts themselves in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Is competent in requesting and ordering necessary supplies, support materials and patient equipment needs.
• Actively participates in promoting department growth and meeting administrative requirements of the hospital and department.
• Completes daily patient charges and billing procedures that accurately reflect services provided.
• Continually strives to keep abreast of insurance requirements.
• Maintains open lines of communication with manager and department staff to ensure achievement of common goals.
• Recognizes and successfully intervenes and/or seeks appropriate assistance when faced with difficult situations which interfere with positive department outcomes.
Competencies and skills:
Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate's Degree
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.