HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist in Blacksburg, Virginia
* *We are offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus to qualified candidates **
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an Respiratory Therapist *today at *LewisGale Hospital - Montgomery. **
At LewisGale Hospitals, we want to ensure we meet your needs. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance and Student Loan Repayment Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401(k) 100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the LewisGale Montgomery family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious*Respiratory Therapist *to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
What would you do in this role?
As aRespiratory Therapist, you would administer therapy modalities as ordered by physician, performing all aspects of mechanical ventilators (initiation, operation, monitoring, etc) and arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. You would also respond to code blue situations for assigned areas.
- You will assist in transport of ventilator and critically ill patients.
- Verify physician orders prior to therapy treatment.
- Give through, accurate report to oncoming staff at shift end.
- You will enter all patient contacts into appropriate system.
- Perform equipment rounds.
- State Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Respiratory Therapy Degree – AAS or BS
- Basic Life Support Certification and ALCS.
- One-year adult critical care experience.
- Previous experience with mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis and oximetry.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a 146-bed, general acute-care facility delivering comprehensive healthcare—including a wide range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, orthopedic, emergency and outpatient services—to residents of Southwest Virginia and the New River Valley.
In partnership with the three other hospitals of LewisGale Regional Health System, we provide you with benefits from the financial, technical and professional resources of HCA, our parent company and the nation’s largest non-government hospital organization. At the same time, we offer thebest featurestypically found at smaller hospitals where patients receive personalized treatment and high quality, compassionate care.
Ethisphere has rated HCA Healthcare a World’s Most Ethical Company since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
*We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. We will reach out to highly qualified candidates to schedule an interview. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring! *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist
Location: Virginia-Blacksburg-LewisGale Hospital-Montgomery
Requisition ID: 00033-25928