SCO Family of Services Therapist-PL in Bronx, New York
Carry a clinical case load that will include providing individual, family, collateral and group treatment and crisis planning.
- Fill out phone intake form by obtaining pertinent/personal insurance information. Discuss procedures for insurance/self pay persons requesting intake appointment. Give intake form to supervisor for appointment scheduling.
- Design and implement treatment plans for assigned cases.
- Provide direct treatment to clients in accord with clinical privileges and prepare all materials for the clinical records.
- Involve significant others in the course of treatment.
- Provide diagnostic assessments.
- Refer clients to other clinical personnel for other evaluative services.
- Provide case management services.
- Schedule and conduct Intakes including all assessment paperwork for pre-admissions screening (PAS).
- Complete daily charge tickets and monthly tracking for all appointments.
- Prepare referral material for clients to secure services from other community resources, such as SPOA services, housing, case management, vocation placement and/or otherwise.
- Prepare reports requested by referring agencies.
- Participate at staff meetings, in-service training programs and consultation with team members.
- Comply with policies/procedures/regulations.
- Assist in the planning and/or implementations of research, surveys.
- Participate in training and integrate evidence-based treatment in provision of clinical services
Provide in-home therapy sessions, as clinically appropriate and indicated.
M.A. or a Masters Degree in discipline related to the treatment of mental illness and licensed by the N.Y. State Education Department.
- Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Location: New York-Bronx
Requisition ID: 36481