Texas Health Resources Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)-PRN Evenings - Dallas in Dallas, Texas
We’re looking for qualified Registered Respiratory Therapists like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
• Work environment: Respiratory Care
• Work hours: Evening shift, as needed
• Salary range: $27.30 - $40.09 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 875-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community since 1966. Our location in Dallas provides convenient care to the residents of Dallas and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, women’s services, and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus, we’re a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a Comprehensive Stroke and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Dallas is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Care Center, a Level II Major Trauma facility, a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center, and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, bariatric services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program required
CLIAFE-Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
One (1) year of Medical/Surgical or critical care experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RCP - Respiratory Care Practitioner upon hire required and
RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist upon hire required and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required) and
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire preferred and
NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program upon hire preferred
Good verbal communications, good interpersonal skills, computer experience
Patient Assessment/Plan of Care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
• Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self-management.
• Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
• Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
• Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
• Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
• Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet departmental needs.
• Participates in orientation and training of students and new employees.
• Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community educational in-services.
• Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community.
• Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
• Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental personnel.
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs