UnityPoint Health Therapist LISW-Behavioral Health Urgent Care Clinic in Des Moines, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
9-6:30 Monday-Thursday and 9-4:30 on Friday
Behavioral Health Urgent Care Clinic
Full Time Benefits
Assesses the psycho-social needs of patients. Provides on-going follow-up and support; serving as an advocate with identification and referral to community services for patients and their families. Maintains knowledge of available community resources and services. Works collaboratively with other team members in clinical settings, patient conferences and meetings.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Direct Patient Care
· Complete psychosocial evaluations and validate family and support systems for patients.
· Maintain knowledge and understanding for psychosocial evaluation regulatory requirements patients.
· Provide counseling, support and follow-up to recommendations with identification and resolution to barriers contributing to access, adherence and financial issues.
· Contribute to on-going treatment plans, compliance with medications, treatment regimens; offering solutions with facilitation, follow-up and monitoring for psychosocial plans.
Assessment and Planning
· Work collaboratively with other care providers for patient evaluations, recommendations, follow-up and treatment.
· Maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with psychosocial resources and available community resources and services to facilitate development and implementation of plans for patients.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· LISW, Masters of social work with
· Minimum of two years of experience.
· Current license to practice in the state where care is provided.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-95156
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Behavioral Health- Urgent Care
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org