HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Therapist - MSW in Dulles, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located outside of Washington, DC in the historic Loudoun County, StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care facility, lies in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! StoneSprings Hospital Center is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, which is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S where healthcare opportunities are almost unlimited!
StoneSprings Hospital Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and holds accreditation from the Joint Commission. Most importantly, StoneSprings Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
/Our patients are our priority, but so are _you_!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Social Worker LCSW to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Provides initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs, mental health illness and or substance abuse needs.
- Provides leadership with staff members related to achieving department goals, conflict resolution, and policy implementation and adherence and performance improvement initiatives.
- Possesses a strong knowledge base of regulatory standards. Maintains departmental readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Participates in hiring process for open positions within the department.
- Participates in the annual performance management review for direct reports.
- Is knowledgeable of Lawson, Kronos and Plus systems and utilizes as needed.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team and develops treatment goals and plans interventions that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high-risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- In consultation with the Clinical Case Manager, applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- Educates patients and families to the patient’s needs post discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet those needs.
- Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to post-acute care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arranges for the patient’s transfer.
- Collaborates with community agencies that provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, and educational needs of patients/families post discharge.
- Provides interdisciplinary and collaborative care, treatment and services; initiates patient/family meeting and communicates results with the health care team to achieve positive outcomes as indicated.
- Documents clinical / social work assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and discharge plans in the patient’s medical record congruent with departmental policies.
- Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient’s and family’s problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
- Takes a proactive role in discharge planning. Documents aftercare appointments and instructions on the discharge Information Form in a timely manner.
- Communicates with aftercare providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care.
- Provides ongoing education on ethical, psychosocial, discharge planning issues and other care coordination for the other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends related to care coordination issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
- Attends/participates in departmental and supervision meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Master’s Degree in related field of study
Two years paid employment or a field placement in a health care setting.
BLS from an approved agency within 90 days of hire/transfer
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification within 60 days of hire/transfer
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Clinical Therapist - MSW
Location: Virginia-Dulles-Stone Springs Hospital Center
Requisition ID: 26630-23164