HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Recreational Therapist Part-time in Fort Pierce, Florida
Recreational Therapist Part-time
FTE 0.5, 20 hours per week, Days, Rotating Weekends
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood’s Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first – no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
- The Behavioral Health Recreational Therapist plans, organizes, implements and evaluates a comprehensive program of therapeutic recreation activities under the supervision of the Clinical Manager.
- Effectively and therapeutically interacts with patients, significant others, and other healthcare team members and demonstrates knowledge of the specific psycho-social conditions and treatment therapies for the patient populations served.
Adheres in the delivery of care to hospital policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree required
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS), Occupational Therapist (OT), or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) required
- 1-3 years of related experience, ideally with Adolescents in an inpatient setting
- Well-versed in Indoor/Outdoor Recreational Activities, Music, Expression, Arts, etc.
- BLS Certification
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Recreational Therapist Part-time
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 00102-11962