Texas Health Resources Occupational Therapist (OT) As Needed- Weekdays- Southwest in Fort Worth, Texas
Occupational Therapist (OT)
As Needed- Southwest
*PRN to float between Southwest and Clearfork based on census*
Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an award-winning healthcare system? We’re looking for a qualified Occupational Therapist like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Southwest 6100 Harris Parkway TX 76132
Work hours: Weekdays PRN (as needed to float between Southwest and Clearfork)
Work Environment:PT OT ST Inpatient: Must be open to working with COVID + patients
Salary range: $34.45 - $51.46 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Southwest, we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 262-bed, full-service hospital that has served southwest Ft, Worth since 1987.
If you are looking for surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy and adult critical care we’ve got it. Plus we’re a certified Heat attack center.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Southwest is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Bachelor's Degree Completion of an Occupational Therapy program Required
Acute care and outpatient experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
OT - Occupational Therapist Texas Occupational Therapy License Upon Hire Required And
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required
Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care
· Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness
· Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
· Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment
· Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s)
· Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family
· Sets appropriate, measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences
· Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals
· Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
· Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs
Performs age appropriate patient treatment
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely
• Utilizes a variety of treatment techniques to achieve goals, if necessary
• Determines patient response to treatment and evaluates progress (reassessment)
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, and/or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, home programs/self management and assistive equipment
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age
• Motivates non-compliant or unmotivated patients to participate in therapy
Demonstrates Professional accountability
· Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity
and to meet personal developmental needs
· Participates in orientation and training of less experienced staff, students, volunteers and observers
· Responsible for care provided under their direction, including that provided by licensed assistants and therapy technicians
· Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community meetings / educational in-services
· Meets established productivity targets
· Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community
· Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to others to ensure departmental work is accomplished
· Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care
· Willing to be cross-trained to treat any diagnosis or level of care
· Participates in continuous improvement activities and/or teams
· Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements
· Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental personnel
· As required, participates appropriately in departmental safety drills / emergency procedures
Performs Appropriate Documentation
· Documents all aspects of assessment, plan of care, and re-certifications in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
· Documents all aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
· Obtains physician signature on all plans care and re-certifications, providing proof of all attempts to obtain signature such as documenting contacts in medical record and retaining fax cover letters
· Accurately submits patient charges and records procedures according to departmental policy
· Documents assessment of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
· Completes discharge summary for each patient in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
· Completes all documentation within established time frame
· If appropriate, completes all required team documentation including intake process, plan of care, and discharge summary
· As appropriate / required, completes required outcome tools and any additional documentation for outpatients, acute stroke patients and for specialty units/programs (i.e. Lysholme, MDS, DRS, team staffing reports, etc.)
· Documents and reports unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning
Other Significant Activities in Addition to Job Responsibilities/Competencies
· Participates in strategies to meet business initiatives and unit/team, program, and department specific goals and targets
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THPG a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs