Glengariff Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Licensed Respiratory Therapist / RT in Glen Cove, New York
Monday - Friday
37.5 - 40 hours per week
Subject to work one weekend a month
Monitors financial performance of rehab department and effectively seeks methods to improve this performance while ensuring that the facility’s and CareRite Centers standards are consistently observed.
This includes but is not limited to oversight of the following departmental operations:
· Achieving and maintaining revenue, productivity and gross profit margin goals.
· Appropriate and effective utilization of nursing staff with respiratory treatments.
· Managing key operations and financial levers to achieve budget projections, including development and implementation of action plans as necessary.
· Completing mid-month and end-of-month billing timely and accurately.
· Accountable for implementing strategic plans and actively managing the operations of assigned area. Contributes to the overall planning for the area and serves as area leader.
· Creates business plans, designs new units, and monitors space utilization and patient flow.
· Plans and directs all daily clinical and non-clinical operations.
· Establishes and monitors tracking mechanisms for the review and analysis of patient volume, patient flow, types of tests performed, productivity and profitability.
· Plans, evaluates, and revises procedures and practices for accomplishing objectives.
· Accomplish respiratory therapy services goals regarding human resources by choosing, interviewing, hiring, assigning, training, and monitoring new staff, communicating, and enforcing rules and regulations amongst them, holding them accountable to clinic rules and regulations, regularly assessing and troubleshooting their job proficiency and outcomes and advising as to compensation specifics for everyone.
· Initiate organizational techniques that will improve respiratory therapy services outcomes and develop information, strategies, and changes for the overall department’s direction.
· Monitor the follow-up of staff to both functional and organizational objectives set by the department.
· Evaluate and assess health care trends to establish new patterns of service based on vital measurements, productivity statistics, quality control and customer satisfaction and outcome.
· Design operational care systems, monitor influx of resources, troubleshoot respiratory therapy services general issues, and implement appropriate change when necessary.
· Encourage positive financial habits by assessing prior year financial trends and variances and forecasting for current and future years to optimize monetary dealings, restructure finances as necessary and align resources with supply and demand and economic indicators.
· Educate medical care providers, such as staff and nurses, through seminars on critical respiratory care and increasing awareness of respiratory therapy health issues throughout the clinical community.
· Arrange educational opportunities for respiratory therapy services students, including organizing their clinical rounds, observing, and giving feedback on each of their performances, coaching them through assessments, recommending additional educational outlooks and engaging them with appropriate learning modalities.
· Act on medical care provider committees and boards with respiratory therapy-oriented projects inside and outside the clinical realm.
· Acknowledge, research, and install developing respiratory therapy services technology and equipment and aid in the regular restructuring of resources to improve health care outcomes.
· Maintain relevance by keeping up with professional journals, associating with professional organizations and networks and joining with continuing education advancements.
Current RT license in New York State.
Current CPR and ACLS certification
Experience in tracheotomy
Experience within a long term care setting
Maintains respiratory therapy license, keeps current in the field of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation through journals, in-services and conferences.
Identifies potential short term and long term patients that can benefit from respiratory services, performs comprehensive respiratory assessments, provides patients/family with respiratory education, prepares, operates and maintains respiratory test/care equipment and oversees all respiratory operations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
Assessing all new and readmitted patients
Attending walking rounds for long term patients
Performs comprehensive respiratory assessments
Oversees tracking of current caseload
Completes respiratory audits
Collects baseline data on patient's breath sounds, lung volume(s) and number of maneuvers at each volume and documents timely and appropriately
Interviews all new patients, reviews patient's chart and speaks with family to provide previous levels of functioning, life style and current and future expectations for discharge
Utilizes assessment data to determine patient's actual or potential problems
Performs bedside respiratory treatments
Collaborates with IDT and physicians on patient's plan of care
Performs physical chest therapy (cupping)
Performs standard suctioning techniques as indicated
Perform bronchial hygiene and airway care procedures
Performs respiratory muscle training as indicated
Preforms breathing exercises as indicated
Performs Incentive spirometry as indicated
Performs tracheotomy care
Performs PEP therapy as indicated
Implement initials orders and order sets for respiratory services
Completes daily and weekly documentation per best practice policy
Consistently demonstrates CareRite Centers and facility IDT approach to patient care
Integrating findings of other members of the IDT in assessment, treatment and recommendations
Attend all applicable daily, weekly and monthly meetings
Ensure that equipment is covered, disinfected and changed appropriately
Communicating effectively with discharge team and planners
Following facilities respiratory procedure and protocols
Performs related duties as required
An Equal Opportunity Employer