LifePoint Health Therapist (RRT) II in Hickory, North Carolina
- Perform all legal RT related orders from physicians.
- Initiate, administer, monitor, and/or provide objective measurements for the following modalities: O2 delivery, aerosol/humidity delivery, incentive spirometry, postural drainage and percussion, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, pulse oximetry, airway care, arterial blood gas analyses, all modes of bronchodilator therapy, arterial lines, COPD and pneumonia pathways.
- Demonstrates assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of treatment based on age-specific criteria and provides care appropriate to the age of the patient served (geriatric, adult, pediatric, and neonatal).
- Performs daily QC on ABG machines in a timely manner, and takes appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Charts, records, reports, and electronically documents all therapy in the appropriate places according to hospital regulatory requirements.
- Performs airway care including, but not limited to, tracheal and bronchial aspiration, extubation, and other procedures aimed at establishing and/or maintaining natural and artificial airways as outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain department and equipment; sterilize and disinfect all equipment according to published standards.
- Abides by and practices FRMC Standards of Conduct and Service Excellence and focuses on the five (5) Pillars – Service, Quality, Cost/Productivity, People, and Growth – in daily work activities.
- Abides by and practices by all Tenet, FRMC, and department policies and procedures as well as meets annual expectations for attendance at Ethics, Forums, department meetings, and other required training/workshop sessions.
- Adheres to departmental and/or hospital communication standards, including but not limited to regularly checking e-mail communications, acknowledgement and signature on required memos and communications, and responding to communication requests.
- Adheres to FRMC attendance policy
- Adherence to all core measure initiatives, patient safety goals, and NQF Safe Practices
NC Respiratory Care License
BCLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Title: Therapist (RRT) II
Requisition ID: 7469-5532