The MENTOR Network Foster Care Therapist in Jemison, Alabama
Alabama MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for children, adolescents and teens with social, emotional and behavioral challenges as well as other complex needs. Through our wide range of flexible programs, we use a partnership approach with families and Mentors to offer individualized therapeutic services.
Foster Care Therapist
Do you have experience in human services and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves?
In the Therapist role, you will provide intensive in-home therapy to children, teens and families.
· Conduct psychosocial assessments to document the history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for the child's records.
· Provide therapy, family support, and crisis interventions to an individual, family, and/or group using various treatment modalities as outlined in state/local contracts and/or state licensing standards.
· Provide mental health consultation to stakeholders and treatment team members.
· Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with an interdisciplinary team
· Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
· Develop and coordinate discharge plans based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
· Conduct educational groups for children, families, and foster parents.
· Prepare and train the child's biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
· Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the person served and caretaker to monitor progress and discuss treatment strategies and services.
· Maintain current, legible, and adequate medical record documentation in the client's chart.
· Attend regular staff meetings, clinical meetings, and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
· Use of personal vehicle to transport youth and conduct in-home visits.
· Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling, plus five years of proven post-master’s experience in family and children’s services OR
· LPC, ALC, LICSW, or LMSW, plus two years of proven post-master’s experience
· Valid driver’s license in good standing
· Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
· A good listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
Why Join Us?
Full compensation/benefits package after 30 hrs/week
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
· Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
· Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The MENTOR Network
- The MENTOR Network Jobs