Indiana University Health Nights- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in Lafayette, Indiana
Shifts and Location:
Shifts: Full-time, Nights: Benefits-eligible (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more!)
Location: Arnett Hospital (Lafayette, IN)
About the Position:
Are you interested in utilizing your Respiratory Therapy license in a way that can benefit the community? Then working as Registered Respiratory Therapist at Arnett Hospital may be the flawless opportunity!
Our Respiratory Therapists (RT) works closely with our patients to evaluate and treat patients with cardiopulmonary disorders ranging in modalities and demographics. We are also responsible for collaborating with various different entities in the hospital setting including nurses, Advanced Respiratory Therapists, and Clinical Specialists to ensure total customer happiness and support.
Outside of working with groundbreaking technologies and therapies, our RTs get the opportunity to grow their medical knowledge and skills. They do this by working closely with patients and team members to build personalized therapies. Along with endless opportunities for continued advancement, our Respiratory teams also have a phenomenal promotional ladder within IU Health to continue their professional advancement.
IU Health also offers different opportunities for career and professional development for our staff that qualify for benefits. This includes continued education and certification opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Along with benefited employees, all of our staff can utilize our state-of-the-art workout facilities, food vendors, and shuttle services that are provides across almost all of our locations.
• Requires current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
• Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
• Requires that the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) registry exam be passed within 13 months of hire date. The 13 month requirement for the RRT is void if hire date is one year past graduation date.
• Requires Healthcare Provider Certification. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Preferred ACLS; PALS; and/or NRP certification.
•Requires strong customer service skills.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
• Requires basic computer skills and ability to work with EMR. REQNUMBER: 312433