HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Neonatal Registered Respiratory Therapist in Margate, Florida
Neonatal Registered Respiratory Therapist (NICU RRT)
Full Time, Day *Shift, 0.9 FTE*
Northwest Medical Center
*Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus Available - Apply Today!*
**External Candidates Only.
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’s services. Our state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Northwest Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
/*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position./
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs
- Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment
Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs
Must be current Florida Licensed RRT
- Must have Current Level 2 or Level 3 NICU Experience.
- 3 Years of Respiratory Therapy Experience Required
- BLS or BCLS Certification Required
- ACLS or ALS & NRP and PALS Certifications within 2 months of hire
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment
- Must be able to treat adults, pediatrics, and newborns.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Neonatal Registered Respiratory Therapist
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 00456-7753