Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) in Muncie, Indiana
Shifts and Location:
Shifts: Full-time, Nights: Benefits-eligible (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more!)
Location: Ball Memorial (Muncie, IN)
About the Position:
Are you interested in utilizing your Respiratory Therapy license in a way that can benefit the community? Then working as Certified Respiratory Therapist at Ball Memorial Hospital may be the opportunity!
Our Respiratory Therapists (RT) works closely with our patients to evaluate and treat patients with cardiopulmonary disorders ranging in modalities and demographics. We are also responsible for collaborating with various different entities in the hospital setting including nurses, Advanced Respiratory Therapists, and Clinical Specialists to ensure total customer happiness and support.
Outside of working with groundbreaking technologies and therapies, our RTs get the opportunity to grow their medical knowledge and skills. They do this by working closely with patients and team members to build personalized therapies. Along with endless opportunities for continued advancement, our Respiratory teams also have a phenomenal promotional ladder within IU Health to continue their professional advancement.
IU Health also offers different opportunities for career and professional development for our staff that qualify for benefits. This includes continued education, certification opportunities, and tuition reimbursement. As an employee at Ball Memorial, you will enjoy free & convenient on-site parking, access to Subway, cafeteria, and Roasted Bean Caffeinery, on-site pharmacy, also have access to our 24/7 state of the art work out facility.
• Requires current Indiana license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
• Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
• Requires the Certified Respiratory Therapy credential through the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care).
•Requires strong customer service.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
• Requires basic computer skills and ability to work in EMR.
• Requires a basic knowledge of infection control procedure.
• Requires the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams to insure optimal patient care.
• Requires strong organizational skills. REQNUMBER: 316115