Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)- Weekends Only in Muncie, Indiana
Shifts and Location:
Shifts: Full-time, Weekend Only: Benefits-eligible (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more!)
Location: Ball Memorial (Muncie, IN)
About the Position:
Are you interested in utilizing your Respiratory Therapy license in a way that can benefit the community? Then working as Registered Respiratory Therapist at Ball Memorial Hospital may be the opportunity!
Our Respiratory Therapists (RT) works closely with our patients to evaluate and treat patients with cardiopulmonary disorders ranging in modalities and demographics. We are also responsible for collaborating with various different entities in the hospital setting including nurses, Advanced Respiratory Therapists, and Clinical Specialists to ensure total customer happiness and support.
Outside of working with groundbreaking technologies and therapies, our RTs get the opportunity to grow their medical knowledge and skills. They do this by working closely with patients and team members to build personalized therapies. Along with endless opportunities for continued advancement, our Respiratory teams also have a phenomenal promotional ladder within IU Health to continue their professional advancement.
IU Health also offers different opportunities for career and professional development for our staff that qualify for benefits. This includes continued education, certification opportunities, and tuition reimbursement. As an employee at Ball Memorial, you will enjoy free & convenient on-site parking, access to Subway, cafeteria, and Roasted Bean Caffeinery, on-site pharmacy, also have access to our 24/7 state of the art work out facility.
• Requires current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
• Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
• Requires that the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) registry exam be passed within 13 months of hire date. The 13 month requirement for the RRT is void if hire date is one year past graduation date.
• Requires Healthcare Provider Certification. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Preferred ACLS; PALS; and/or NRP certification.
•Requires strong customer service skills.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
• Requires basic computer skills and ability to work with EMR.