Edward-Elmhurst Health Clin Therapist II in Naperville, Illinois
Provides crisis stabilization, case coordination and discharge planning services to patients and families/significant others who are in need of continued behavioral health care following discharge. In collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, assesses immediate and ongoing needs of the patient, provides acute behavioral interventions and offers recommendations for continued care options. Prepares and updates medical records including plan of care. Determines collateral supports, nature of discharge needs, available resources, patient and family response to recommendations and arranges final discharge plan. Directs patients to designated residential or supportive living options, community based placement/ treatment or other resources as necessary.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: LOHMG Mill Street, Naperville
· Current State of Illinois licensure with a minimum of four letters or a Psych D which may include LCPC (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), or LCP (Licensed Clinical Psychologist) unless primary patient population is chemical dependency when a CADC is required.
· CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certification within 90 days of hire
· Current CPR Certification issued by either American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider or BLS Provider) or Red Cross (Professional Rescuer) or American Heart Association (BLS Instructor)
· Knowledge of developmental psychology, disease pathology and clinical needs of assigned population
· Ability to maintain information which is highly confidential
· Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information via written correspondence and medical records documentation
· Ability to demonstrate self-control in volatile or hostile situations
· Ability to set therapeutic limits and maintain therapeutic distance with clients; maintains therapeutic boundaries with patients during treatment and following discharge
· Two years' experience in a behavioral health setting
· Minimum one year working with adult population
· CADC or within one year of employment