Greater Nashua Mental Health Outreach Therapist - Child, Adolescent & Family Services in Nashua, United States
This position is eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus!
Greater Nashua Mental Health is looking for a full-time Outreach Therapist to join our Child, Adolescent & Family Services Team! The Outreach Therapist provides clinically appropriate evidence-based or evidence informed therapeutic treatment and case management services to children, adolescents and their families diagnosed with severe mental illness, with the goal to empower clients to lead full and satisfying lives. Additionally, the Outreach Therapist delivers consultation and education to staff, other agencies, and the community. The Outreach Therapist primarily meets with clients in the client’s home and in community settings including schools, and could also meet in a therapy office setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides individual, group, and family psychotherapy, as well as case management services, to clients for at least 26 hours per week of billable activity.
• Completes documentation for services within agency standard of 72 hours.
• Coordinates clients’ treatment plan both with other GNMH staff members and outside agencies.
• Screens and assesses clients and makes appropriate referrals to a specific CAFS program and/or other agencies or services when the client is not an appropriate referral to CAFS.
• Completes all treatment plans, Child Needs and Strength Assessments (CANS), and Case Management Care Plans (CMCP), and Quarterly Reviews.
• Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Social Work or related field.
• 1-2 years of experience working with children, youth and/or families is preferred.
• Knowledge of family dynamics, systems theory, developmental theory and children’s mental health.
• Strong collaborating skills and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
Our agency is a team of talented and dedicated professionals who are passionate about helping the community and each other! We provide staff supervision, a stimulating work environment and opportunities for supervision towards clinical licensure. We are an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, NH State Loan Repayment Program and offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Apply today!