KBR Special Operations Physical Therapist (353 SOW/Kadena AB, Japan) in Okinawa, Japan
Special Operations Physical Therapist (353 SOW/Kadena AB, Japan)
We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Special Operations Physical Therapist who will provide evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. They are licensed independent practitioners and credentialed as direct care providers in specific military HP settings. At KBR we maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts – Could this be you?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate and treat patients with or without referrals.
• Refer patients to other POTFF staff members as needed.
• Provide and perform the following services in support of POTFF’s HP program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel: Provide musculoskeletal injury care, utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including the ordering of imaging studies, laboratory tests, basic pharmaceuticals, and referrals to specialty providers, with consistent, appropriate, and required documentation.
• If directed by HP Program Manager and/or Coordinator, directly supervise the PT Tech, PT Assistant, and/or Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) within their scope of practice.
• Participate in periodic meetings with HP and POTFF for reasons such as, but not limited to, reviewing care provided to patients. Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention, Sports Medicine (SM), and rehabilitation.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
• Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HP program stays current with the provision of care.
• Provide input for the development and utilization of required databases.
• Conduct peer (record) reviews for the HP Staff as directed.
• Assists the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
• Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HP Training Centers (HPTCs) and associated facilities.
• Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans.
• Submits input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Document care in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
• Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical providers as requested and/or required.
• This position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• Master’s degree in Physical Therapy.
• Certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) as either an OCS or SCS, or certification through the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) as a certified athletic trainer (ATC).
• Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at the local MTF.
• Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain, function in austere environments, and observe SOF training evolutions.
• May be required to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 25 kilograms.
• Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable, accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) of performing manual therapy in the sports medicine field with individual athletes and groups of athletes (experience at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators preferred) in the accompanying, respective settings.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy.
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Additional credentials such as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Standard Company Requirements:
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.
- KBR Jobs