AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist Full Time Days in Orange City, Florida
Respiratory Therapist AdventHealth
2 locations available:
Fish Memorial Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Stand Alone ED Deltona Address: 3108 Howland Blvd., Deltona, FL 32725
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$15,000.00 Sign on Bonus and $5,000.00 relocation incentive
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
Full Time, Day Shift (7am to 7pm)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Delivers routine respiratory treatments and continuous respiratory therapy including aerosol therapy, lung expansion therapy, oxygen therapy and bronchial hygiene in accordance with applicable policy and procedure.
- Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Maintains a supportive atmosphere conducive to quality care, department growth, staff development and high morale.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acids. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms as well as pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
- May be responsible for additional Supervisory duties and Services, if hired for a Level III role.
What You Will Need:
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:*
- Patient care skills to care for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations are required.
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program; Associates degree or equivalent.
- Must be registered (RRT) or certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS certification is required
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the incumbent’s EFR primary hospital.
- Must have a valid Florida license issued by the Agency for Healthcare Administration of Florida.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. preferred.
* Respiratory Therapist II Requirements:*
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with 4 years of experience and the equivalent competency of an RRT.
* Respiratory Therapist III Requirements:*
- Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT or 8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical care.
Provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs