HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist RRT in Port Charlotte, Florida
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our respiratory department. Submit your application today!
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious respiratory therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. Wewould love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The staff at Fawcett Memorial Hospitalcontinually meets the high standards required to care for the unique needs of our patients. Aspart of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 237-bed facility serves the Port Charlotte area. __ _ _ _
Under general supervision, the RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) will perform all respiratory care related duties. Set up and administer all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages. Responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation. Respiratory Therapists are expected to be self-directed in the absence of the full-time Team Leader. Maintain all department and hospital records and enter accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as given.
- Completion of an AMA approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree); Bachelor Degree preferred
- (Individuals hired into this position on or prior to 4/30/2013 are grandfathered into previous educational requirements)
- Minimum one year experience in clinical respiratory therapy preferred
- Current Florida state license. RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) certification through the NBRC (National Board for Respiratory Care).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required through American Heart Association
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required Existing staff must obtain by 6/30/13. New hires/transfers must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) required Existing staff must obtain by 12/31/2013. New hires/transfers must obtain within 6 months of hire.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
EEOC We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One Minute Apply: https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/wfl
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist RRT
Location: Florida-Port Charlotte-Fawcett Memorial Hospital - Port Charlotte
Requisition ID: 01371-9809