LifePoint Health Respiratory Therapist PRN in Richlands, Virginia
Essential Job Functions: Responsible, able to work without supervision, dependable, exceptional patient care skills, good people skills.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist implements, recommends and coordinates the Respiratory Care of an assigned group of patients.
- Supervises and makes assignments for Respiratory Care Students and checks work for accuracy in the absence of a Clinical Instructor.
- Provides for continuity of care of patients by maintaining accurate patient records
- Administers and evaluates therapy ordered by the physician.
- Assists physician with therapeutic/equipment choices.
- Uses and supervises the use of patient care equipment.
- Attends meetings or training sessions as requested.
- Follows and enforces recommended safety policies and procedures and infection control policies and procedures, in order to maintain a safe patient and employee environment.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds appropriately.
Education: Formal education in Respiratory Care from an accredited college/university.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) successful year as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, with proven skills in performing diagnostic testing, including EKGs, Blood Gas Equipment Quality Control and Maintenance as well as all other aspects of Respiratory Care.
Special Qualifications: RRT/CRT Credentials required (NBRC). Licensed to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of Virginia is required. Current BLS certification is required, ACLS certification is preferred.
Organization: *Clinch Valley Medical Center
Title: Respiratory Therapist PRN
Requisition ID: 7414-3520