HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Come join the Inpatient Rehabilitation Department atParham Doctors’ Hospital! Our multi-disciplinary team evaluates and treats a wide variety of patients with Neurological, Cardiac, Medical, Orthopedic and Pulmonary impairments in our 36 bed rehabilitation unit situated within a 200-bed acute-care facility serving Central Virginia. As part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family, our hospital offers orthopedics, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, behavioral health care, inpatient rehabilitation, emergency services, podiatry, sleep services, primary care, an occupational health and travel clinic, and outpatient surgery.
Do want to join a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver award-winning care? Parham Doctors Hospitalis looking for a dynamic Licensed Occupational Therapist with experience in Sub-acute or in-patient rehabilitation. We care for a broad range of demographics and pride ourselves on providing the very best care to every single patient.
Are you a Licensed Occupational Therapist with at least one year of experience? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are a proactive, goal oriented team player in search of extra shifts or a flexible schedule the Occupational Therapist PRN position is perfect for you!
The duties and responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist PRN include, but are not limited to:
• Works with the Therapy Services Manager to ensure the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services. Coordinates as necessary with inpatient rehabilitation counterparts.
• Implements operations and processes to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of inpatient care including documentation.
• Provides on and off site clinical assessments for potential patients for the facility.
• Communicates pertinent payor needs/requirements to physician, treatment team, patient and patient’s family in a timely manner.
• Participates in the admission process to the Rehabilitation Unit, and communicates pertinent information to all involved parties.
• Serves as an educational resource to patients, families, interdisciplinary team members, payor representatives, physicians, discharge planners, therapists, community members, and other parties as appropriate regarding rehabilitation issues.
• Works with supervisor to ensure the program meets all local, state, The Joint Commission, regulatory standards.
*Shift: *PRN (2 weekend days per month required)
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately; you are encouraged to apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Occupational Therapy
- State licensure
- Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more preferred, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria
- Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills
- Excellent organization/time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance
- Experience in providing educational program
/HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws./
/This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training./
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: 00448-59087