UnityPoint Health Occupational Therapist - Rehab (Part Time Days) in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
2 week days/week; Occasional weekend Saturday shifts
Personal Growth & Development: Learning, career opportunities and other experiences that support professional and personal growth.
Well-Being: Programs, activities and resources designed to enhance physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Recognition: The formal and informal ways to appreciate and celebrate each other.
Purpose: The meaningful connection between our daily work, team members, patients and the communities we serve.
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
The Occupational Therapist functions as an integral part of the rehabilitation team and has a responsibility for evaluating and treating patient requiring services associated with occupational therapy. The Occupational Therapist is expected to communicate with the Physicians and other Healthcare professionals regarding the patient’s treatment plan and progress, and deliver services consistent with policies and procedures governing the delivery of patient care by the Rehabilitation Department, State Licensure and Code of Ethics standards.
Perform examination and evaluation to determine diagnosis and prognosis of patient/client and determine appropriate intervention to gain desired outcomes based on patient/client goals.
Utilization of appropriate Occupational therapy interventiosn to produce desired outcomes.
Utilization of appropriate documentation and billing to communicate progress and status to physicians, other healthcare professions and third party reimbursement.
Maintains Professional Code of Ethics and State Licensure Laws.
Supervision of Occupational Therapist Assistant in accordance to State Licensure Laws.
Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly by maintaining and practicing hospital and department policies and procedures regarding safety and infection control.
Performs as a member of Rehabilitation Department through joint interventions, communication, quality assurance programs and meetings.
- Graduate of an Accredited Occupational Therapy program. (Master’s or Bachelors level)
· Licensed by the state of Iowa
· CPR Certified
· Preferred Certification/Registration: Membership in professional associations desirable
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must be able to meet the competency of area assigned to and also be able to successfully complete orientation
· Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
· Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
· Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to include modalities and Occupational Therapist competencies
· Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job, including ability to communicate effectively
· Able to read, write, comprehend and speak English
· Be able to perform modalities, evaluations, splinting and OT interventions
Requisition ID: 2021-89575
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Rehab-I/P Hospital- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.4
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org