Memorial Health System Staff Physical Therapist - Home Services in Springfield, Illinois
Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive care to patients of all ages through the proper utilization of evaluation, planning and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
• Orientation/training requirements are based on experience. New graduates are required to successfully complete a six (6) month internal training program with ability to function independently.
• P.T. license in the State of Illinois or license pending with a valid Letter of Authorization to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Illinois required. The maximum allowable time to practice in a license pending status under the Letter of Authorization is 6 months per licensing regulations. CPR Certification preferred.
• CPR Certification required.
• Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the SMH Fleet Safety Policy (five (5) year MVR will be required). Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of insurance.
• Universal Precautions Category I.
• Will accept a SMHvc car for business purpose only as deemed necessary by geography/mileage.
Evaluates treatment needs of assigned physician referred patients.
Determines and implements plan to accomplish treatment goals within appropriate time frames.
Provides appropriate feedback to physician, department and other team members and maintains required documentation.
Maintains skills in treatment procedure through utilization of in-service and continuing education opportunities and expertise of other clinical staff personnel.
Contributes to the maintenance of a satisfactory work environment.
Maintains standard of productivity for the department.
Demonstrates support for and participates as requested in accomplish SMHvc departmental and team goals and objectives.
Complies with Agency policies, procedures and protocols; professional standards; JCAHO; and Medicare Conditions of Participation.
Adheres to SMHBehavioral Standards.
Is accountable for all equipment in his/her possession, including, but not limited to, laptop computer, FAX machine, and rehab equipment.
Serve as a role model in the delivery of PT treatment.
Participates in continuous quality improvement (Quality Initiative measures) including efforts to improve patient outcomes (OASIS).
Successful completion of department competencies with ability to function effectively in the role with annual evaluation of competencies thereafter.
Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Requisition ID: 2021-9530
External Company Name: Memorial Health System
Street: 200 W. Dodge St.