Johns Hopkins Medicine Respiratory Therapist - Transport Team in St. Petersburg, Florida
Respiratory Therapist - Transport Team
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital,
St. Petersburg, FL
Requisition # 155861
Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Respiratory Therapist's purpose is to provide quality respiratory care to our patients, including routine and complex procedures, using a wide variety of techniques and equipment. Collaborates care with the multidisciplinary team and communicate effectively with others. Ensures patient care meets quality standards established by the hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Is accountable for maintaining all skills and knowledge necessary to provide safe, effective and developmentally appropriate respiratory care to all ages of patients from neonate to adolescent. Along with other members of the care team, is responsible for patient outcomes which meet the high standards of care provided by JHACH.
• Current Florida Respiratory Therapist Licensure
• Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) hired before 2012 will be grandfathered
• Associate's degree
• Must be a graduate from a Registered Respiratory Therapy Program approved by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a Respiratory Therapist
• Current BLS/PALS certification from the American Heart Association
• Current NRP certification if working in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• For Lifeline positions must also have:
o Minimum of five years' experience in a clinical setting
o Minimum of 2000 hours caring for Level II or III neonatal patients as defined by Florida Rule 64J-1.006
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.