Tenet Healthcare Physical Therapist Per Diem Days in Tucson, Arizona
Physical Therapist Per Diem Days - 2105035297
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, you’ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Physical Therapist Per Diem Days Position Summary
Provides Physical Therapy services to patients/clients including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation and communication. The Physical Therapist I pursues experiences that serve to establish a basis upon which to practice. It is expected that the PT -I will provide safe care with supervision and guidance from experienced PTs. The PT - I is new to physical therapy, or new to a specialty. The PT-I incorporates theoretical knowledge into clinical situations and is able to perform basic skills and carry out a plan of care. The PT-I can identify abnormal findings, but may seek consultation for solutions. The therapist’s practice is primarily guided by referencing policies, procedures, and standards.
• Perform a skilled evaluation through impairment testing with interpretation of the findings that relate to functional deficits.
• Develop treatment plans relevant to clinical findings that provide individualized treatment for patient level of care and length of stay and that relate to established goals.
• Document evaluations, treatment plans, and goals that relate to clinical findings.
• Reassess patient’s functional need, and adjust care plan as indicated, including documentation of status change.
• Demonstrate knowledge and provide assessment and physical treatments such as relates to: Sensory, Strength /Tone, Range of Motion, Balance / Coordination, Functional Mobility, Bed Mobility, Gait & Transfers, Motor Control / Learning, Joint / Soft tissue mobilizations, and Body systems (i.e. musculoskeletal, nervous, integumentary, and cardiovascular).
• Provide physical therapy modalities such as: Iontophoresis, Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation / Interferential, TENS, Hot/Cold Packs, Ice Massage, Traction, Laser, Pulsed Lavage, Negative Pressure Therapy, infrared, and Compression.
• Demonstrate and instruct patient/caregiver on body mechanics.
• Identify contraindications for patient. Follow precautions for WB, Cardiac, Contact, spinal precautions, and precautions with total joint replacements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of inpatient lab values, diagnostic tests, medications, FIM scale / PAI scoring and the impact on patient.
• Maintain skills required to use and care for equipment such as: Pulse Oximeter, Blood Pressure Cuff / Pulse, Exercise Equipment, sliding boards, crutches, canes, walkers, Wheelchairs (including CADILLAC), Patient Beds (Versacare, Total Care, SizeWise) (IP only), Tilt Table, Floor Lift, Lite Gait, and Standing Frame.
• Counsel patient and family regarding treatments and modalities and home programs.
• Actively participate in interdisciplinary team processes, including collaboration with physicians, vendors, other disciplines; inclusive of discharge planning
• Guide the practice of support staff to achieve patient and departmental goals.
THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST PER DIEM DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred: Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Required: Valid, current license
Preferred: Prior patient exposure in area of practice
Required: Verbal and written communication skills
Preferred: Neonatal and Pediatric competence
Required: Knowledge of Physical Therapy theory and practice.
Required: Basic computer skills
Preferred: Microsoft Office programs
Required: Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays and/or weekends. Must be able to transport self to various work sites. When using own vehicle must have valid Arizona drivers’ license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum standard for the state of Arizona.
Preferred: Bilingual English / Spanish
Job : Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location : AZ-Tucson
Hospital/Facility : Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105035297