Penn Medicine Occupational Therapist - Weekend Program in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Occupational Therapist - Weekend Program
Job ID :107243
Job Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Specialty Area: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Primary Shift: Weekend
Work Schedule: 3 out of 4 Weekends, Full Time Benefits
Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 701 E Marshall St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Weekend Fulltime Benefits
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Primary Shift: 3/4 Weekends, one rotating summer and winter holiday.
Chester County Hospital currently has an outstanding career opportunity for an Occupational Therapy role. In this role, one is responsible for planning, participation in and supervising Occupational Therapy programs according to electronic orders received and the individual needs of the patient/family identified during evaluation. If you are licensed in OT and feel that you would be a good fit for the role, please apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the daily plan of care and administering clinical treatments.
• Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program.
• Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities.
• Confer with occupational/physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
• Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to Lead Occupational Therapist.
• Secure patients into, onto, or with therapy equipment.
• Maintains appropriate and timely documentation, for all patients treated, on the electronic medical record or charting system.
• Completes all billing data entry including daily charges and appropriate coding.
• Monitor support personnel (therapy assistants, students and volunteers)
• Participate in Department Operations (Billing, Phones, Scheduling, etc).
• Maintain Department & Health System Competencies.
• Maintain licensure and educational requirements as mandated by PA Board of Examiners.
Minimum Requirements :
Education Training and Experience
Graduate of a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree curriculum in Occupational Therapy accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
2 years acute experience preferred
Knowledge of Universal Precaution Procedures
Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills
Current Pennsylvania State license.
CPR certification required
National Occupational Therapy Examination (NBCOT)
Professional Association Certifications Preferred
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs